Swensen’s Cheese Soup
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 8 oz sharp cheddar
- 16 oz chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 cups milk
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 4 oz butter
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 stalk celery
Mise en place:
- Grate sharp cheddar and chop Velveeta into smaller cubes.
- Thinly chop green onions and celery. Set aside in a bowl.
- In a large stock pot, combine Velveeta, cheddar, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and garlic salt. Mix well over medium-low heat until cheese begins to melt.
- Sautee green onions and celery in butter until translucent. Careful not to burn the onions. Pour the onion and celery mixture into the stock pot after all the cheese has melted.
- Slowly pour in 2 cups of milk, stir slowly over medium-low heat to prevent scalding.
- Add two (2) drained 6-oz cans of lump crab meat after the milk has been added.