- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb Hickory Conecuh sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 10 oz rotel, medium
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 56 oz diced tomatoes
- 30 oz black beans
- 15 oz red beans
- 15 oz beef broth
- 1-3 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Slice about 80% Conecuh and finely chop the rest. Brown in dutch oven, drain grease and dry on paper towel.
- Salt/pepper ground beef – brown in same oven. Drain grease and dry on paper towel.
- In the same dutch oven, sauté chopped onion, garlic and jalapeno until light brown.
- Add in rotel and tomato sauce. Stir well until simmering.
- Add diced tomatoes, beans, beef broth and mix well. Bring to simmer and leave uncovered for about 20 minutes.
- Add in ground beef and sausage, mix well and return to simmer.
- Add in all spices and mix well. Taste here for extra salt or spice.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for at least an hour.
- Serve with grated sharp cheddar cheese and chopped raw onion.
- Best served if made the day before and refrigerated overnight.