Italian Sausage and Tortellini Panang Curry
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp oil (peanut if you have it)
- 1 4oz can of panang curry paste
- 24oz coconut milk
- ½ cup cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 1 batch of green onions, chopped
- ½ bag of baby spinach
- 1 12oz package of cheese tortellini
- Brown and break up Italian sausage in dutch oven, cook until very browned. Scoop out and set aside.
- In grease, add onion and bell pepper, stir and soften briefly. Scoop out and add to sausage.
- Add oil to pot if necessary, then curry paste when hot. Stir quickly, letting it cook but not burn.
- Add in coconut milk and mix well. Bring to a simmer.
- Dump in sausage, onion, pepper, cauliflower and mix well. Bring to a boil and then reduce toa
- Add in baby spinach and green onions on top. Cover and let simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Open and mix well. Add tortellini.
- Cover and continue to let simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Mix well again and serve.