Chicken Crepe Enchiladas
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 4 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- Blend all ingredients in a mixer and refrigerate. Pour about ¼ cup of batter into a hot skillet and roll to flatten. Flip and brown. Can be made in advance.
- 4 dried guajillo peppers
- 2 dried ancho peppers
- 1 arbole chile
- 4 cups hot water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Mexican chocolate or combination cocoa powder and sugar
- Slice and remove seeds from peppers. Let rest in hot water for 20 minutes.
- Add peppers, garlic, salt and chocolate plus 1 cup of chili water and ½ cup fresh water.
- Puree until smooth. Can be made in advance.
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 onion / celery / garlic
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- Season a large chicken breast on all sides with salt/pepper. Brown in a large stock pot on both sides. Then add onion, garlic, celery and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 20 minutes until internal temp of 165. Pull, let rest and then shred.
- Add 1 cup of the enchilada sauce to the chicken mixture and mix well.
- When cooler, add 1 cup of cheese to the chicken mixture and mix well.
- Take one crepe and pour in about two spoonfuls of the chicken mixture, enough to make it about an 1-1.5 inches around when you roll it.
- Continue filling and rolling, squeezing them in a casserole dish.
- Top with the rest of the enchilada sauce, then the cheese.
- Bake at 350 until cheese is bubbling and melted everywhere. About 15-20 minutes.
- Top with sour cream, green onions and cilantro.